Thursday, June 17, 2010

Right Hopping

This true forgiveness gig keeps me right hopping, I tell you. If it's not one thing, it's the cat. I finally fell asleep last night after much tossing and turning, and darned if the cat doesn't open my bedroom door, quite dramatically I might add, and wake me up!

She does this almost every night, and when she does I always think from now on I'm going to toss her outside BEFORE I go to bed. But then, when I'm on my way to bed, I see her sleeping so peacefully in her spot on the back of the couch. And I think, "Oh, she's sleeping so sweetly. I don't want to bother her."

Talk about anger that isn't justified! Well, I've forgiven her for what she hasn't really done which means I've forgiven myself for what I haven't really done which, in this case, is tossing her outside sooner rather than later!

I think I've finally gotten everything that is seemingly cat related all forgiven, and tonight, no matter how comfortable she looks on the back of that couch, out she goes!

3 comments:

  1. I have a screen door that looks like it belongs on an abandoned - maybe even haunted -house! That is because if I toss my cat out and she wants in, she attaches herself to the screen and starts swinging the door back and forth like a carnival ride which then makes it bang over and over and I end up getting up to let her in! After forgiving it too many times to remember, and myself for my reaction to it, I now laugh about it! Yes... even cats have a way of teaching us things! LOVE this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a very similar screen door, and the cat did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sharing this with Mad Course Student yesterday, I had a cat about 14 years ago or so that would cling to my bedroom screen window, and would not stop jumping up on it until I let him in the house, this would usually take place about 4 in the morning. Twenty minutes later, after he was done eating, he would run and jump up against my bedroom door continuously until I let him out. It's funny thinking back on it now, but the at time, the damn cat really disrupted mys sleep every night, LOL

    ReplyDelete