Monday, June 14, 2010

A Book I Could Not Put Down

I've had a book sitting on my kitchen counter for the last couple of months. It's called, ONE AGAIN, A TRUE STORY OF A DIFFERENT KIND OF FORGIVENESS by Linda Jean McNabb.

I had just let that book sit there like a beautiful cake you don't actually want to cut into. Finally, yesterday, I did cut into it, and before I knew it, I had devoured the whole entire thing! I tell you, I was completely captivated by this story. Once I started reading, I could not put it down! I confess I started out reading the reviews that are printed in the front of the book. I wondered if people really meant what they had said or were they just saying it to be nice?

NEWSFLASH! They meant it! What a wonderful gift that this woman would allow us to share her journey with her. Have you ever wanted to be a fly on the wall? Well, that's what I felt like as I read her courageous story. I felt like I had gotten some kind of unique permission to be a fly on the wall in a lot of very interesting rooms. Linda doesn't hold anything back, and I find that I have so much in common with her probably the least of which includes being born and raised in and around the Erie, PA area.

I am thrilled to have gotten to know her so intimately through her sharing in this book. I would buy ANY and EVERY book she ever writes.

Thank you for sharing Linda Jean McNabb! I thank God for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment