Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh, This Crazy Dream...

On Monday, I have a job interview at Social Services. On Tuesday, I have a food stamp interview at Social Services. Oh, the irony...

I never thought I would have a food stamp interview, but that's the thing you want to have when you don't have any food. Alright, I'm exaggerating because I did just eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

How fun it will be to stand in line at the grocery store and wonder if the guy behind me thinks I'm a drain on society?

I guess it's good that I've been so firmly taught that the important thing is not what the guy behind me thinks of me, but what I think of him. Yeah, I'm going to be pretty darn careful about that!

And maybe I'll get the job on Monday. It's really interesting to consider that if it's mine, I can't lose it and if it's not, I can't have it.

According to Arten and Pursah, two of my favorite Teachers in The Disappearance of the Universe, I can relax knowing I can't lose my Source. One tool can be quickly and easily replaced by another one. I believe it!

I know that money won't make me happy, but I do still want to try it out just to be sure!

1 comment:

  1. DU p 249:

    Money won’t buy you happiness, but it will buy you food, shelter, clothing, methods of communication, and a lot of other things that aren’t bad. There’s nothing wrong with making it big either, but why make it real? It’s fun to know the truth! You don’t have to take everything so damn seriously. Why would you be envious of those who don’t know the truth?

    DU p 255:
    Gary: One of the things that really bothers me isn't just when I judge others, it's when they judge me.

    Pursah: Ah, but you see Gary, their judgment of you is really your own self-judgment that is seen as being outside of you. They're not even there. Yes, it looks like they're really there and the judgment is outside of you, but it's not. When you forgive the other, you're really forgiving what's in your own mind. Their call for love really is your call for love.

    DU p 351:
    What if your Source cannot change or fail? Then you're putting your faith where faith is justified. Now you can see your transitory careers and endeavors as simply tools that can be used as symbolic expressions of your constant supply. Now your Source becomes a bottomless well where you can go for guidance that will always come in some form of inspiration. If your tool happens to break, so what? You don't have to be attached to it because it's not your Source.

    As you know Dawn, this is all so simple, but not always easy.

    ReplyDelete