Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Still Better than Sex

Yesterday's blog called "Better Than Sex" was going to be about some lines from the Course that Pursah spoke to Gary in Chapter 14 of The Disappearance of the Universe.

Somehow, I got all side tracked in a holy instant of overwhelming gratitude which was lots of fun, but I never did post that part!

So, now I'm back still grateful as all get out, and here are those beautiful words which are always worth remembering!

From the forgiven world the Son of God is lifted easily into his home. And there he knows that he has always rested there in peace. Even salvation will become a dream, and vanish from his mind. For salvation is the end of dreams, and with the closing of the dream will have no meaning. Who, awake in Heaven, could dream that there could ever be need of salvation?

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant closing paragraph, Dawn. Thanks for picking that out !! and bringing it back to memory.
    anil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite piece from chapter 14, Better than Sex:

    Gary: How do I live the normal life you said I could live, practice the Course, and still not feel bad about that body identification part of my dream life?

    Arten: By remembering what it is and forgiving it at an appropriate time. A dream is nothing, and sex is nothing. But I wouldn’t recommend that you turn to your partner after making love and say, ‘That was nothing.’

    Gary: I knew I was doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN SISTER! Seth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for all your comments guys. And Mikey, thanks for your quotes. I love hearing from all of you!

    ReplyDelete