Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slumdog Millionaire

Finally! I watched Slumdog Millionaire. I've heard so much about this movie since it came out in 2009. Now, I know why. What a flick!

The kids in the film were truly adorable. I just wanted to feed them all and give them complete access to a "real" toilet. Not really, that's the thing, these kids had the strength of Christ, and honestly, they seemed to be able to handle anything that came along.

There's such a triumphant Spirit that runs through out the entire movie. I'd say one of the major themes was this idea of destiny which is roughly equivalent to the Course's teaching that "The script is written."

I find great comfort in that idea. It puts me in a position where I don't have to try to make things happen. I just have to forgive what does. And whatever seems to come to pass, the Holy Spirit is always ready to make good use of it on behalf of healing all of us.

"God's Son is guiltless and sin does not exist." ACIM

Thank God.

4 comments:

  1. It took me til 1993 to see E.T. - it came out in 1982

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and nice post by the way, Dawn. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another one to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mikey! And yes Seth, I think you'll like that one!

    ReplyDelete