Monday, January 3, 2011

Better Than Sex

That's the name of chapter 14 of The Disappearance of the Universe which I read earlier today. What a great name, what a great chapter! Then again, all the chapters have great names and all are great chapters!

When I picked up this book for the first time almost 6 years ago, I knew immediately that I was in the presence of wisdom far greater than anything I had encountered before.

I could say thank you all day everyday for ten straight years and it still couldn't convey the gratitude I feel for this miraculous teaching.

Hey, that reminds me of that Course quote which happens to open chapter 3 of The Disappearance of the Universe. Another great name, and another great chapter.

The chapter is called "The Miracle," and the opening Course quote says, "Miracles fall like drops of healing rain from Heaven on a dry and dusty world, where starved and thirsty creatures come to die."

I was one of those starved and thirsty creatures!

What else can I say but THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not exactly sure what you mean here except that you are thankful for all you have learned from the Course and it's related works. I could never disagree with that and would just like to add my thanks to yours! Seth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excerpt from Chapter 14, Better than Sex:

    All experiences, including sex, are mental states - even if the illusion is that they take place in the body. I remember visiting a church in Boston to hear a lecture by two Buddhist monks who grew up near the border of India and Tibet. After the lecture, people in the audience were given the opportunity to ask questions. Most of them were the nice "spiritual" questions people usually ask. Then one woman had the courage to get up and ask the monks how they could go so long - in one case, thirty years - without having sex. The monk who had been celibate the longest, and who spoke English as well as the Dalai Lama, thought for a minute and then surprised the audience with his reply: 'When you're coming all the time, it doesn't make any difference.;

    ReplyDelete