Friday, January 7, 2011

Heaven's Messengers

There is one major difference in the role of Heaven's messengers, which sets them off from those the world appoints. The messages that they deliver are intended first for them. And it is only as they can accept them for themselves that they become able to bring them further, and to give them everywhere that they were meant to be. Like earthly messengers, they did not write the messages they bear, but they become their first receivers in the truest sense, receiving to prepare themselves to give.

That was from Lesson 154 in the Workbook, "I am among the ministers of God." Although, that's not where I was reading it since I'm on Lesson 7, and I'm following the rules of not doing more than one set of exercises per day. That particular rule may just apply the first time through, but heck, I'm a compulsive rule follower, probably.

Anyway, I just read that tonight in The Disappearance of the Universe, chapter 15, right near the end. I love that quote, and it is also a good reminder to me of who is the student and who is the Teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... My personal opinion is that you are both follower (and NOT the compulsive type though you think you should be) AND student, AND teacher AND messenger. I have experienced you in every one of those capacities whether you were aware of acting as such or not. You - I believe each of us - act in each of those capacities as circumstances require even though we may not be aware of it until after the fact. Seth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, you're an advanced student of the Course - you don't have to follow the 'one lesson per day' rule anymore if you don't want to. Mikey gives you permission to break the rules, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah sheesh! Thanks guys. The point I was really meaning to make is that were it not for J and Helen and Bill and Arten and Pursah and Gary I wouldn't know any of this business. I owe every true thought I have to the information these Teachers have provided. I don't wanna do my own thing. In fact, I don't even have a thing because I just wanna learn and do their thing! Ya know?

    ReplyDelete