Sunday, July 25, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Here is a conversation that I overheard between between George who is 10 years old and Albert who is 2. It made me smile.

GEORGE: Are you special? Do you have special powers?

Albert: No

George: Can you fly?

Albert: No, I don't have wings.

George: Can you shoot fire out of your nose?

Albert: No

George: Why?

Albert: Cuz.

Oh the entertainment they provide! (And the forgiveness opportunities!)

Here's a couple of related sayings from Pursah's Gospel of Thomas from Gary Renard's book, Your Immortal Reality.

4. J said, "The person old in days should not hesitate to ask a little child the meaning of life, and that person will live. For many of the first will be last, and they will become a single one."

79. A woman in the crowd said to him, "Lucky are the womb that bore you and the breasts that fed you." He said to her, "Lucky are those who have heard the word of the Father and have truly kept it. For there will be days when you will say, "Lucky are the womb that has not conceived and the breasts that have not given milk."

MAD COURSE STUDENT: I'm glad He said it!

2 comments:

  1. RE: I'm glad HE said it. LOL

    Arten says the same thing on p 362 in DU, 'I'm glad YOU said it' after Gary makes reference to a different female body part.

    DU p 10:
    Gary: So rather than resisting the world, I should look for ways I can use it as a chance to get home?
    Pursah: Exactly. Good boy.

    Last quote not related to your post at all, other than that you were talking about your boys, and Pursah says, 'good boy.' I'm easily amused. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mikey, don't I know it! And just so you know, you could quote the phone book here and to me it would be profound because you totally rock!

    ReplyDelete