Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Its Groundhog Day, again. And this year Punxsutawney Phil is predicting an early spring! Hallelujah!

This has been one of my favorite holidays ever since 1993 when the movie, Groundhog Day, came out. I never saw the fantasticness of that movie coming. When I did see it for the first time, I was blown away. The movie though totally fiction rang strangely true to me!

Its still a great flick 18 years later, and it still rings true for me! Funny how bits and pieces of the Holy Spirit's thought system show up all over. ACIM articulates the Holy Spirit's complete thought system, yet parts can pretty much be found all over hell, I mean earth! And heck, that's a good thing!

What's been fun about doing the lessons this time around is that I began on the actual 1st of January, and so far I've managed to keep a one a day pace, so this gives me the chance to see what holiday or whose birthday falls on which lesson.

Now we know, Groundhog Day falls on Lesson 33 which says, "There is another way of looking at the world." That seems fitting, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Bill Murray Day! This is on my list of top 10 favorite movies of all time. A great analogy of reincarnation. We keep coming back until we get it right. And suicide is not the way out, you just come back facing the same lessons you tried to escape from.

    Hey, remember when you told me that I should call you sometime after you watched Jeopardy, so that you could give me the answers, and then I could watch it 3 hours later here on the west coast, so that I could impress my friends. Well, Bill Murray (Weatherman Phil) got to do just that. I believe one of the answers he questioned correctly was "What is Lake Titicaca?"

    Oh, and I know you know this is one of the movies I reference in my book. "That's exactly what makes me so special!" Giddy up Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too really like the movie Groundhog Day. I never fail to laugh at the variety of ways he reacts to and then deals with what he knows is coming. So yes, your Lesson 33 does seem very fitting indeed! Seth

    ReplyDelete